Show Your Car Some Love With These Unusual DIY Detailing Tips!
Have a special date night planned for you and your honey this Valentine’s Day? Before you hit the town, don’t forget to show your car some extra love with these unusual DIY tips!
- Use 2 buckets when washing. In addition to a soapy water bucket, have a clean water bucket to frequently wash your sponge in. This keeps dirt and gravel from getting caught in the sponge and scratching your car’s paint job.
- Use WD-40 to remove dead bugs. Also great for removing bird droppings, tree sap or road tar. Simply spray on the affected area, let it sit for a bit, and wipe off.
- Use a screwdriver to clean the cracks. Reach the cracks, trim and buttons by wrapping a cloth around a flat screwdriver. Keep refreshing the cloth surface and use an all-purpose cleaner for best results.
- Keep your car clutter-free. Not only will it look nicer, but it can run better and improve gas mileage.
- Use a bag of charcoal to remove bad smells. Put an open bag of charcoal in your car for a few hours and it will absorb any foul odors. (You can still use the charcoal for grilling later!)
Spruce Up Date Night: Go Retro!
Looking for a fun, unique and affordable date idea? Why not try going to a drive-in movie! (Yes, they still exist.) Do a quick Google search to find one near you, or check out these 15 cool, retro drive-in movie theaters across the country: http://goo.gl/6moeWF
Self-Driving Cars Are Closer Than You Think...
Auto manufacturers at last month’s Consumer Electronics Show (CES) announced plans to have self-driving cars on the roads between 2017-2020! Audi actually had a self-driving car make the 560 mile drive from Silicon Valley to Las Vegas to attend the biggest tech news conference of the year. Before the year 2000, experts didn’t believe we’d have self-driving cars in our lifetime, and now here they are! http://goo.gl/34hojM
Honorable Words From Honest Abe
Show Your Car Some Love!