Wondering what to do this 4th of July? Well, let us help you figure that out! You can start celebrating as early as 7:00 A.M. and continue on well into the night. From pancakes for breakfast to the fireworks at night, we’ve compiled plenty to keep you well fed and entertained this Wednesday as we celebrate our 242nd year of independence.
- Pancake breakfast 7:00 A.M. - 11:00 A.M. Monterey Firefighters Charity event held at Fire Station #1, 600 Pacific Street. Fun for the whole family! Arts & crafts for the kids, face painting, and more. $10.
- Once you finish your yummy breakfast and have the coolest face painting ever, head on over to the annual 4th of July Parade. Make sure to get some great curbside seats along Polk, Alvarado, and Calle P. Parade kicks off at 10:00 A.M.
- Amble on over to Colton Hall on Pacific for the annual Lawn Party. This is a free event that kicks off at 11:00 A.M. and runs until 4:30 P.M. If you missed out on the face painting at the pancake breakfast, fear not! Here’s another perfect opportunity to get that butterfly or unicorn face painting that you’ve always wanted. Plenty of food vendors to sate your appetite and if you’re into music, there’s plenty of that to go around too: Operation Rock, Pop Fiction, The Money Band, and The Purple Ones. If you’re riding your bikes on over, there’s a free bike valet service on the corner of Jefferson and Pacific.
- Travel back in time to the 4th of July Living History Festival over at the Memory Garden from 11:00 A.M. - 4:00 P.M. Cool things to see and do: period dress, blacksmith demonstration, rope making, 19th-century games, dance, and music. $3.00 admission.
- The live music entertainment continues with The Monterey County Pops is offering a free concert at the Golden State Theatre starting at 7:00 P.M.
- And remember, don’t attempt your own firework spectacular… you could end up with a $1,000 fine! Yikes!
Everyone here at Robert’s Collision & Repair is wishing you a fun-filled and very safe 4th of July. The highly trained auto mechanics at Robert’s Collision and Repair want to make sure your vehicle stays safe this holiday too. Visit our pros at 234 Ramona Ave., Monterey. For best service, schedule an appointment online.