Social distancing guidelines have made many summer pastimes challenging to partake in, to say the least. Thankfully, cycling isn't one of them! No matter if you're new to Monterey or a local through and through, this list of the best cycling destinations near Monterey will be sure to please.
- Fisherman's Wharf to Lovers Point: Perfect for beginners, this route will let you soak in the best sights that the Monterey coastline has to offer. This simple bike path along Fisherman's Wharf through to Lover's Point is especially popular among beginner cyclists due to its separation from traffic. This makes it a safe and secure path for families to take with their kids. Who wouldn't love this route?
- Cachagua Loop: An advanced ride, the Cachagua Loop is for those cyclists who like a challenge. Promising lovely valley views, riders can take the 30-mile loop from Carmel Valley Village through some of Cachagua's finest vineyards. With steep climbs and often precarious road conditions, only experienced cyclists should attempt to ride along this loop. But that doesn't mean less experienced riders can't hop in the car and enjoy the area!
- 17-Mile Drive: The ride along Pebble Beach's 17-Mile Drive is perfect for beginners and intermediate riders alike. With many gorgeous photo opportunities like The Lone Cypress Tree and Del Monte Forest, this iconic road is beautiful and easy to navigate. Make sure you keep the water on your right as you begin your ride, and on your left as you leave to prevent from getting lost!
- Hennekens Ranch Loop, Fort Ord National Monument: An ideal ride for intermediate cyclists, this loop will take you through a portion of the 14,000 acres of the Fort Ord National Monument. This is an 8-mile ride with some hard climbs and breathtaking views of the Salinas Valley. The trail goes through several hills and sweeping descents, though the fantastic views of the Hennekens Ranch below are to-die-for.
- Monterey Loop, Salinas Valley/Carmel Valley: For intermediate to expert riders, this loop is one of the most popular long cycling routes for local cyclists. Winding through Salinas and Carmel Valleys, this roughly 100-mile loop starts at River Road near Salinas. You'll pass through farmland and then west through Arroyo Seco and Carmel Valley. Dotted with picturesque cattle ranches and peaceful vineyards, there's no wonder locals are crazy about this loop!
Whatever you decide to do to keep the shelter-in-place boredom at bay, CARSTAR Robert's Collision & Repair in Monterey would love to be your go-to auto body shop whenever you want an excellent, honest facility to repair your vehicle. We are here for all of your auto body repairs, paint jobs, and auto detailing needs. We strive to be your one-stop auto shop and we work hard to provide you with an outstanding customer service experience! Our skilled technicians provide the best service in the region. Make your appointment today! We're located at 234 Ramona Ave, Monterey, CA. 93940. We look forward to your visit!