Ever heard of trunk or treating? It is a new way to celebrate Halloween that involves candy, cars, and costumes! What more could you ask for?
Basically, car owners turn their tailgate or trunk into a front porch, complete with a costume and candy. Car owners meet at a central location, and kids can go from car to car amassing tons of candy. It completely eliminates door-to-door doorbell ringing, and is a safe, fun, and festive way to celebrate Halloween.
The fun part is dressing up your car for a trunk or treating event. You can go for a scary look, or even recreate your kids’ favorite Disney Movie. The possibilities are endless. Here are just a few ideas:
- Add some teeth and tongue to the trunk of your SUV. Don’t forget about the candy for the end of the tongue.
- What about bringing your front yard to the back of your pick-up truck? Use lawn ornaments, such as skeletons, tombstones, or cobwebs, to decorate.
- If you are a fan of Disney, this one is perfect for you. Recreate Finding Nemo or Ariel by using some blue fabric and cardboard for the ships.
- Do you have some old Christmas decorations laying around? How about Christmas iOctober? Don’t forget about the snow.
- If you are into scary costumes, this one is for you. To transform your car into a bloody mess, dye corn syrup red and apply it to your car. It will not harm your vehicle’s paint.
- Transform your trunk into a jungle. Use old stuffed animals, rocks, and foliage to create a jungle landscape. You can even use an old baby gate to make your jungle scene seem like a zoo.
Have you ever been trunk or treating? We would love to know. Robert’s Collision and Auto Repair is Monterey Peninsula’s premier auto body, mechanical repair, tire service, detailing service, and auto paint service facility. We are located just off Highway 1 at the Del Monte Blvd. Pacific Grove exit. Our shop address is 234 Ramona Avenue, Monterey, CA 93940. Call 831-373-1534 to schedule an appointment.