Throughout Summer, drivers tend to travel more. Whether driving around town or while on vacation, here are some helpful tips to avoid Summer traffic accidents:
- Do Not Text & Drive -- It’s against the law and very unsafe.
- Drive Hands Free While Talking on the Phone -- It is against the law to use handheld cellphones while driving.
- Do Not Drink & Drive -- Assign a designated driver if necessary.
- Do Not Drive While Sleepy -- When you feel tired, pull over in a safe place and take a nap.
- Do Not Drive While Medicated -- Heavy medications + driving can be bad news, so get another person to drive you.
- Pay Special Attention to Pedestrians, Bicyclists, Skateboarders, and Elderly Drivers -- They are everywhere, and they can pop up out of nowhere to surprise you. Give them the right of way at intersections, crosswalks, and bicycle lanes. When you see an elderly driver who is driving slower than you’d prefer, slow down and have patience. You, too, will grow older, and you, too, may need a little more time to react while driving.
- Pay Special Attention to Motorcyclists, Mopeds, and Motorized Pedestrians -- Always, always double check to make sure you are clear before changing lanes, opening your vehicle door, backing up, or going through an intersection.
- Avoid Eating While Driving -- Not only will your waistline thank you, but you won’t be distracted by drink spillage. Plus, you’ll have more control when both of your hands are on the steering wheel.
- Make Sure You Have Clear Window Visibility -- Dirty windows are hard to see through. Make driving easier on yourself by washing your car windows for clear visibility.
- Make Sure You Can See Around Your Vehicle -- Adjust your mirrors and remove as many blind spots as possible so you can see all the way around your vehicle. Extra bonus for vehicles with a back up camera. If you don’t have a back up camera, consider installing one.
If you do happen to get into an accident, in spite of your extra safety precautions, Robert’s Collision & Repair is here to help. We offer full auto body repair, mechanical repair, tire service, detailing service, and auto paint service for your vehicles. We invite you to visit us at Robert’s Collision & Repair, located just off Highway 1 at the Del Monte Blvd. Pacific Grove exit. Our shop address is 234 Ramona Avenue, Monterey, CA 93940. Call 831-373-1534 to schedule an appointment.