Summer Roadside Attraction Series: Carhenge
Continuing our summer series of crazy roadside attractions, if you’re traveling near Alliance, NE stop and visit Carhenge! Built by Jim Reinders in 1987 as a memorial to his father, Carhenge is a replica of England’s Stonehenge, but built entirely out of automobiles. There are 39 vehicles in total! Carhenge has been referenced in several films, songs and TV shows, and was the subject of the 2005 documentary Carhenge: Genius or Junk?
Summer Reminder: NEVER Leave Your Dog in the Car
We know you love to bring your furry friends with you when you run errands, but in the summer the safest place for your dog is at home. Even if it doesn’t seem that hot outside, your vehicle is wellinsulated and made of metal, which causes the temperature in your car to reach scorching levels in a matter of minutes! Cracking a window isn’t enough, dogs of all ages can suffer from heatstroke very quickly and may not even show signs of it right away. So don’t feel bad about leaving your buddy at home you can always grab him a yummy treat while you’re out.
Unique Gifts for People Who Travel
Do you have friends or family members who are always jetting off to a new destination? It can be hard to find gifts for people who go everywhere...so why not get them a gift that helps them go everywhere! Check out these unique gift ideas for your favorite world traveler:
- Scratchoff Map- A fun way to keep track of the places you’ve been. http://goo.gl/yJlkTY
- Swiss Army “Knife” of Adaptors- Smartsync technology with a variety of adaptors that can charge your smartphone and sync your photos! https://goo.gl/B7bdWr
- Travel Stubs Diary- It holds your tickets and keepsakes from each adventure you have. http://goo.gl/WwBzzo
- A Light Bulb that Beats Jet Lag- Originally designed by NASA to help astronauts on the International Space Station be more alert, this lightbulb encourages the body to get energized in the morning! https://goo.gl/Am5Rv8
- DIY Wrinkle Release Spray- Say goodbye to your iron, and pack this wrinkle release spray instead! (The best part is you can make it yourself!) http://goo.gl/5PR3DJ
- Scrunchy Map- Never worry about folding your map again. http://goo.gl/NyX7QC