Top 10 Car Maintenance Tips That Save You Money!
- Change your oil. No single thing is more important in extending the life of your engine!
- Change your coolant yearly. Once per year, be sure to flush the cooling system and change out your coolant. This will help to prevent corrosion from building up in the cooling system, which can lead to costly repairs.
- Change your transmission and differential oils according to the service interval suggestions for your vehicle. This information can typically be found in your owner’s manual.
- Keep your car clean. This means washing the outside and underside of the vehicle regularly.
- Keep your vehicle lubricated. Anything with moving parts needs to have sufficient grease to survive.
- Wax your car every 6 months to keep the paint protected and looking fresh.
- Be sure your driveline components stay lubricated.
- Protect the interior. Be sure to park in the shade when possible, use window deflectors and apply UV protectant to any plastic parts in your interior.
- Check your tire pressure monthly. Underinflated tires will decrease your gas mileage, and put you at risk for blowouts, which can result in costly repairs.
- Replace your brake fluid and bleed the system about once per year. This will help keep your calipers, hoses and sensors in good shape, which are far more costly than brake fluid.
When you’re due for any of the above maintenance services, be sure to give us a call. Our certified technicians are here to help you keep up with your car’s maintenance services and answer any questions!