Now that we are officially in the Christmas holiday season, it’s time to start decorating! If you’re looking to buy the family Christmas tree, here are seven helpful tips on how to transport it from the lot to your living room.
1. Bring gloves to protect your hands from sharp pine needles and tree sap.
2. Wrap a net around your Christmas tree to protect it from the wind.
3. Place a protective barrier, like a blanket or a tarp, on the roof of your automobile or the bed of your truck to protect the paint.
4. Strap the tree to the roof with the trunk facing toward your engine. Or, place the tree in the truck bed with the trunk facing toward the cabin. This position will make the tree more streamlined throughout the drive.
5. Know how to tie a Christmas tree to the roof of your car. Here’s a helpful video.
6. Resist the urge to place the tree inside your car, van, or SUV, or you will find pine needles in the nooks and crannies of your vehicle for for many years to come.
7. Drive like you have a tree strapped to the top of your vehicle. Drive carefully, slowly, and steadily, or your tree may become lost or damaged. Plus, your vehicle’s center of gravity will shift, causing your vehicle to move differently.
At Robert’s Collision & Repair, we love to help you any way we can with your vehicle, and we hope you find these Christmas tree transport tips useful. For high-quality auto body repair, mechanical repair, oil changes, auto paint, auto detailing, and tire service, come see us at 234 Ramona Avenue in Monterey, CA. For your convenience, schedule an appointment by calling 831-373-1534.
Robert’s Collision & Repair: The premier auto repair center on the Monterey Peninsula.