Just like you would listen to your child or your pet if they weren’t feeling well, take the time to listen to your vehicle. Know the regular sounds it makes so that when something is amiss, you’ll recognize it as an issue that needs to be addressed.
The longer you ignore a weird sound or check engine light, the more serious (and expensive!) the problem can become. When you receive regular preventive maintenance, that can help you stay ahead of issues too. The following is a shortlist of the sounds that are telling you it’s time to see the pros at CARSTAR Robert’s Collision & Repair in Monterey!
- Squealing or grinding noise when you apply pressure to the brakes. That could mean worn out brakes pads or worse. The grinding noise could mean you’re down to metal and that’s never good. Stay safe and have that taken care of ASAP!
- Ticking or tapping noises coming from the engine could mean that you are low on oil or that your engine has lost the ability to maintain proper pressure. That’s the time to pull over as soon as it’s safe, and when your engine has cooled off, check the oil. If you keep driving, it could cause serious and expensive damage to your engine!
- Hissing or sizzling noises can be an indication that there is a fluid leak. It could be antifreeze, oil, or power steering. Any of those leaks can be serious.
- When you hear a knocking or chirping, that is a sign of a loose, damaged, or slipping belt. If ignored, you could end up stranded on the side of the road.
- When turning, if you hear a clicking or ticking noise, that’s a sign of a faulty CV joint. If that breaks, you’re in trouble. Don’t wait that long.
CARSTAR Robert’s Collision & Repair in Monterey would love to be your go-to auto repair shop whenever you’re in doubt or simply needing a good, honest facility to handle your ongoing maintenance. Stop on by for a check-up on your vehicle. We are here for all of your auto repair and maintenance services, auto body repair, tire needs, or full auto detailing. We strive to be your one-stop auto shop and we work hard to provide you with an outstanding customer service experience! Our skilled technicians provide the best service in the region. Make your appointment today! We’re located at 234 Ramona Ave, Monterey, CA. 93940. We look forward to your visit!