2015 has been an exciting year, and we are looking forward to ringing in 2016. The Robert’s Collision & Repair team wishes all of you a safe and happy New Year’s Eve. Here are some important things to remember so you will all arrive alive, safe and sound, back at home in the new year.
- Have a plan before you go out. If you plan to drink, be sure you have a designated driver. Also, take plenty of cash with you in case something happens to your designated driver.
- Download the Uber app on your smartphone. In case your designated driver bails, you can contact Uber to send a driver over to pick you up. Lucky for you, you brought cash with you, just in case.
- Call a taxi in case the Uber waiting list is too long. Taxi drivers are numerous and are easy to spot. Good thing you have that cash...and some take credit cards if you’re cash poor. Here are some of the taxi companies serving the Monterey Peninsula:
- Yellow Cab: 831-333-1234
- Associated Taxi: 831-ASS-TAXI or 831-277-8294
- Central Coast Cab: 831-646-8294
- Cab 33: 831-869-1957
- Stay hydrated. Drink lots of water to head off that hangover.
- Eat up. Eat plenty of food to soak up all that alcohol. Besides, your diet plans won’t start until after New Year’s Eve anyway.
- Stay alert. Keep an eye out for predatory behavior. Some people might try to take advantage of you or worse, steal your belongings. Though this is a festive evening, keep a protective eye on yourself, your friends, and your possessions.
- If someone you know is drinking, do not let that person get behind the wheel. They'll thank you for it later.
Be extra cautious while driving. If you’re the lucky person who has been designated to do the driving, use extreme caution. Many people are living it up and getting more wasted than normal. Be extra cautious while driving in a parking lot, near pedestrians, and in the wee hours of the night. Your extra caution and composure could make a world of difference on your safe journey home.
At Robert’s Collision & Repair, we love to help you any way we can with your vehicle, and we hope you find these New Year’s Eve tips useful. For high-quality auto body repair, mechanical repair, oil changes, auto paint, auto detailing, and tire service, come see us at 234 Ramona Avenue in Monterey, CA. For your convenience, schedule an appointment by calling 831-373-1534.
Robert’s Collision & Repair: The premier auto repair center on the Monterey Peninsula.