Life might be a highway, but when you’re speeding along, you’re probably not getting the most out of your fuel consumption. Do you want to know some great ways to increase fuel efficiency? Everyone wants to save money, but oftentimes we throw it away because we are careless or just don’t know how best to do it. When it comes to fuel efficiency, here are some solid suggestions that has the power to improve yours 5-25%:
1. Don’t road rage. When you are flying past the guy that was just ahead of you or your slamming on your breaks, not only is that bad for your blood pressure, it’s also bad for your gas mileage. Set your cruise control so it keeps you even-steven.
2. We know this won’t work on the freeways, but keep in mind you get the best gas mileage when you’re going around 50 miles an hour. This is currently the best speed for the best gas mileage. We know that it won’t always matter as much as we move to hybrid and fully electric options, but for as long as we are petrol-driven, it matters.
3. Using the proper oil for your vehicle is important on many levels and getting the most out of your gas mileage is just one of them.
4. Spark plugs: when they get all clogged up, they don’t fire right and make your engine work harder than it has to. That in turn lowers fuel efficiency.
5. The easiest way to help improve your MPG is to monitor your tires and their pressure. Regularly look for wear and tear, but also check to make sure they are properly inflated. Most cars have the required pressure on the door jam, but it’s also in your owner’s manual. Not all cars are the same, so don’t make any assumptions.
Make sure you are having regular maintenance performed on your vehicle. Not only can that help make sure your car is running efficiently, it can maximize your MPG too. When you have regular maintenance done, it cuts down on the likelihood of bigger issues surprising you. It helps you stay ahead of the curve and it definitely helps you save money in the long run. Preventative maintenance bills are usually way less than a repair bill from something like a blown head gasket. Partner with your team of auto repair pros at Robert’s Collision & Repair to get the most out of your MPG!