Automotive Tips from Pinterest:
While browsing Pinterest, we came across this pretty spot-on list of tips on how to extend the life of your vehicle. Check out some of our favorites below, and click here for more tips!
- Drive with care every day. This will allow you longer intervals without pricey auto repairs.
- Don’t fill up at a gas station if you see a gas tanker in the lot. As the tanks are being filled, sediment stirs up from the bottom, which can cause clogs to your fuel filters and injectors.
- Touch up nicks right away. Keep matching paint on hand to touch up minor nicks right away to avoid rust formation.
- Maintain properly inflated tires. Be sure you have tire valves on all tires, and check your tires periodically for proper inflation. Properly inflated tires will give you better gas mileage and extend the life your tires!
- Maintain your transmission. Change your fluid and filters at the proper intervals to extend the life of your (very costly) transmission!
- Lighten up your keychain. The weight of your keys in the ignition, along with the bouncing that occurs while on the road, can lead to a faulty ignition switch.
- Most importantly (we can’t say it enough) - keep up with your oil changes!
Six Items to Leave OUT of Your Car in the Summer Heat:
There are plenty of things you should always keep in your car - a first aid kit, maps, water - but what about those items you should avoid? We’ve compiled a list of the top 6 items to leave OUT of your car this summer!
- Medications and Sunscreen
Dog Days of Summer
In the spirit of the so-called “Dog Days of Summer,” check out these adorable dog fails