We can’t help but love spring; it is as if the world is waking up refreshed and renewed -- flowers are starting to bloom, the sun is starting to shine, and the animals are starting to come out of hibernation. For many of us, the start of spring is a signal for us to start to spring clean to get rid of any remnants of winter. Here are some tips on how to quickly and easily spring clean your family vehicle:
- First, start with your vehicle’s exterior.
- Start by washing your vehicle bumper-to-bumper twice in a row to make sure you get any and all dirt and debris on your car.
- Let’s get those tires sparkling by cleaning them with a tire-cleaning spray and brush.
- Don’t forget about the underbody of your vehicle. You would be surprised to learn how much grime and dirt can accumulate on the underbody of your vehicle during wintertime.
- When all finished, use a microfiber cloth to completely dry your vehicle.
- Now, you’re ready for your vehicle’s interior:
- Crumbs, straw wrappers, old receipts, and crayons are just a few of the things that can build-up in your vehicle during winter. Make sure to carefully clean all all the hidden corners of your vehicle to eliminate all those pesky, forgotten objects.
- Find a mild cleaning spray and microfiber cloth and then wipe down the dashboard, console, and any other surfaces.
- Break out the vacuum and clean the seats, floormats, rugs, and trunk.
- Don’t forget about wiping down your leather seats, but make sure you find an approved leather cleaner.
- You want to be able to see yourself in all vehicle’s glass surfaces. To do so, spray the glass cleaner right on the cloth, and you are ready to go!
- Think of all the dirt and debris that can build-up on your vehicle’s floormats during winter. Spring is the perfect time to thoroughly clean these floormats. If your mats are rubber, try soapy water, and if your mats are carpet, you can easily use a carpet cleaner.
You can take care of the exterior and interior of your vehicle, and our team at CARSTAR Robert’s Collision and Repair can take care of what goes on under the hood. Your vehicle works extra hard during the winter and can use a little extra TLC. Spring is the perfect time! Whether you need a full service, auto bodywork, or auto service or repair, or a complete detail, make your appointment with Robert's Collision & Repair today. See you soon!