The Labor Day holiday marks the final days of Summer. For many families, it’s that last chance to go on a road trip before school kicks into high gear. Many people will be hitting the road over the Labor Day weekend, so here are a few safe driving tips to keep in mind.
- Make sure you have a first aid kit stashed somewhere in your vehicle, just in case someone needs to mend a “boo-boo”.
- Traffic is going to be heavy, so try to hit the road earlier or later than everyone else.
- Make sure your tires have plenty of tread, are properly inflated, and that your spare tire is ready to be used at a moment’s notice.
- To get more fuel into your gas tank, try to fill up with gas in the early morning before the day gets hot.
- Be sure to pack lots of drinking water in the car so you and your passengers stay hydrated. Pack a few healthy snacks, too.
- For antsy children, bring some games or toys along to keep them occupied.
- Carry traveling pillows so your passengers can sleep more comfortably during their time in the car.
- Remember, “slow and steady” is a safer way to “arrive alive” than “fast and hurried”. Be careful while driving!
- Lastly, do not text and drive. It’s illegal and dangerous. Use your vehicle’s Bluetooth setup to have a hands-free phone conversation while driving.
We hope these tips will help you and your family remain safe during Labor Day Weekend. If your vehicles require service, Robert’s Collision & Repair will be happy to take great care of you and your family. Call for an appointment at 831-373-1534, and stop by our 26,000 sq. ft. facility at 234 Ramona Avenue, Monterey, CA 93940.