*Editor’s Note: We have a tradition of posting this personal message from your vehicle every year. Have a safe and happy New Year’s Eve!
- I, my human's vehicle, do solemnly swear to make the following New Year's Resolutions for 2013.
- I resolve to carry my humans and their precious cargo safely wherever they drive me.
- I resolve to stop as quickly as possible when faced with an emergency situation.
- I resolve to respond quickly when my gas pedal is pushed, my steering wheel is turned, my brakes are applied, and when my human is running late.
- I resolve to provide warmth when it's cold, air conditioning when it's hot, and shelter from the rain, wind, sleet, snow, and hail.
- I resolve to never hydroplane, slide, or lose control of myself on the road.
- I resolve to use gasoline efficiently, helping my human's money stretch as far as possible.
- I resolve to avoid all accidents, scratches, pot holes, and any damage that would harm me or make my insurance go up.
- I resolve to always serve my humans reliably, safely, comfortably, and be ready to go anytime they need me.
- I resolve to do everything I can to prevent my humans from locking their keys inside me.
- I, my human's vehicle, will be fully equipped to meet all of my 2013 New Year's Resolutions if my humans remember that I am part of the family and that I need regular maintenance if I am able to keep my promises.
- I, my human's vehicle, will be delighted to uphold my promises if they take me in for a check-up, repair, some detailing work, some tire work, and/or some body work at Robert's Auto Repair, located at 234 Ramona Avenue in Monterey, California 93940.
Your Beloved Vehicle