Now that school is starting up again, there are some helpful auto tips for your college-bound kids that will keep them and their cars out of harm’s way. Here are six tips that will help your college-age children feel more confident about handling car problems while they’re away from home.
1. Know how to change a flat tire. -- This is a skill every driver should have, both young and old.
2. Know how to check your oil level and other engine fluids. -- If you learn to check your fluid levels yourself, you can better monitor your car’s health and need for service.
3. Know what your tire pressure should be. -- This video demonstrates how to find this information on your tires.
4. Know how often your vehicle needs an oil change, minor service, and major service. -- Every car is different, so it’s best to check your owners’ manual.
5. Know how to drive a manual transmission. -- This is a handy skill that will allow you to drive any vehicle.
6. Install hands-free communication technology in your vehicle. -- This technology will keep everyone in and around the vehicle a little safer.
We hope you will share these tips and videos with every driver in your home, for these tips are helpful for everyone. If your vehicles require service, Robert’s Collision & Repair will be happy to take great care of you and your family. Call for an appointment at 831-373-1534, and stop by our 26,000 sq. ft. facility at 234 Ramona Avenue, Monterey, CA 93940.