With New Year’s Eve approaching, many of us will be out and about celebrating with friends and family. To keep yourself and your passengers safe, here are some important driving tips that will keep you safe as the clock turns to 2015:
- Make certain your vehicle is in good repair so you won’t have to worry about pulling off, late at night, on the side of the road. Be sure to have a full tank of gas, too.
- While at a party, don’t leave your drink unattended, because someone may spike it and that is dangerous.
- Don’t drink and drive! Period.
- Be sure to have a designated driver who is not going to drive with a “buzz”. Sober is the only option for your designated driver.
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times, both on the road and while walking around.
- Don’t play with fireworks or guns. You’ll just be inviting trouble with the law, at best; or injury, at worst.
- Don’t go out alone. Stay with your group of friends, even while driving or walking.
- Make sure your pets are safe and secure inside your home, surrounded by comforting music to drown out scary noises. You don’t want them to escape in a panic and get hit by a car.
If you need to get your vehicle in good repair before you head out for New Year’s Eve, we are happy to assist you. To schedule an appointment with our auto body or detailing shop, please call today at 831-373-1535. To schedule an appointment with our mechanical repair or tire shop, call 831-373–1534. Robert’s Auto Repair is conveniently located at 234 Ramona, Monterey, CA 93940, right off of Del Monte Blvd. at Highway 1. We look forward to seeing you soon!