Americans love cars. To us, they are a symbol of freedom, independence and even if the make is foreign, part of the American dream. Also, there’s nothing better than spending an afternoon, or sometimes even a week, checking out the cars that are part of our history and heritage, or getting a glimpse at what the future holds. If you are a car-show enthusiast, these 10 should be on your bucket list. Some you can even squeeze in this summer and then put the rest on your calendar for next year.
- This first one is right in our backyard and is coming up next month, the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance. This show is part of an entire week of car shows, also worthing of your time. This is a vintage show with around 200 collector vehicles on display, and they usually reveal a surprise upcoming product from one of the auto industry leaders.
- The largest and longest running car show in the U.S. is the Chicago Auto Show. This event boasts over one million square feet of showroom floor and has something for everyone. More than 1,000 automobiles are on display and range from antique to concept cars with endless exhibits, food vendors, and tons more to see and do. This is worth braving the Chicago winters to experience this even in February.
- Touted as one of the premiere automotive events in America, the Eyes on Design event is both a car show and a lecture series. Every year the show delivers 200-300 vehicles by invitation only based on that year’s theme. The show is held out at the beautiful Edsel & Eleanor Ford Estate in Grosse Pointe Shores near Detroit.
- If you want to cram in the most classic cars in one single day, then you have to hit the Woodward Dream Cruise. This event began in 1996 as a small fundraiser for a local soccer field. This is now the world’s largest one-day classic car show, featuring over 40,000 vehicles and hosting 1.5 million visitors. WOW!
- Their tagline is ‘Discover something new’ and boy, are they not kidding! The North American International Auto Show, also known as the Detroit Auto Show, provides the auto industry their moment to take center stage. From contests to public shows, this event has it all for any motorhead. There are plenty of reveals and introductions from almost every major automaker in the world.
This list should get you going with 5 of the best car shows in the U.S., but there are plenty more where this came from. Hop on the internet and find shows close by as well as in almost any country in the world. Go back in history or take a peek into what’s in store for our automotive future. Just know that the auto technicians at Robert’s Collision & Repair are ready and waiting for your classic or future beloved vehicle. For best service, schedule an appointment online.