Gas prices are on the rise. It is important to get the most out of our gas mileage. There are several tips and tricks that will help drive more effectively, along with saving you money at the gas pump. If you believe your vehicle is running out of gas too quickly, we can help. Robert’s Collision & Repair is always available to answer any questions you may have. For now, we have five tips to improve your gas mileage:
- Avoid driving aggressively: Speed and rapid acceleration or deceleration is considered aggressive driving. Not only is driving aggressively dangerous, it also is not good for your vehicle’s gas mileage. Driving sensibly is both safer and cost effective.
- Be cautious of the speed limit: Gas mileage usually decreases the faster you go, especially when you reach speeds over 50 mph. Observing the speed limit is an excellent way to improve gas mileage while staying safe.
- Avoid hauling heavy cargo, especially on your roof: If possible, try to avoid hauling heavy cargo, especially if it is on the roof of your vehicle. When it is on your roof, the wind is pulling on your vehicle, causing your car to work much harder to go forward. This dramatically lowers fuel economy.
- Remove any excess weight: If you have any unneeded items, especially if they are heavy, in your vehicle, remove them.
- Use cruise control: When you use cruise control on the highway, it allows you to maintain a constant speed, thus saving gas.
A properly maintained engine is an excellent way to also improve your gas mileage. Sometimes, something in your engine could be amiss, and your fuel economy can be greatly affected. Robert’s Collision & Repair can inspect your engine to make sure everything is working tip-top shape. We are located at 234 Ramona Avenue in Monterey, California, which is just a few miles away from Seaside, Pebble Beach, Pacific Grove, Sand City, Del Rey Oaks, Carmel, and Marina. Contact us to schedule an appointment.