There’s so much that goes into choosing the right mechanic and the right automotive repair shop. Don’t be afraid to get in there and ask questions. This is a big decision that will impact you (your wallet!) and the health and longevity of your vehicle. Protect yourself and your auto as much as possible by digging into some tough questions. And if the shop is uncomfortable answering your questions or doesn’t have the time to talk to you, that should be your answer right there.
Here are some suggestions of questions to ask, but don’t be afraid to ask anything!
- Do you specialize in my make of vehicle?
- What certifications/training do your mechanics have?
- How much experience do they have?
- How much will the diagnostic cost?
- Do you have a warranty on parts and labor? If so, what are the details?
- Can you help me prioritize the work that needs to be done?
- Are there extra fees with any of your services?
- How do you communicate with me throughout the repair/service process?
- Do you understand why I brought in my vehicle?
- What’s your hourly rate?
- Can you show me what it is that needs fixing/repair?
- Can you explain the work you are recommending?
- What could be the consequences if I don’t fix this right now?
- How long will it take to complete the work?
Some questions to ask yourself:
- Is the shop clean?
- How was I treated when I walked in their front door?
- Did they answer all my questions in a friendly manner?
- Were they professional?
- Did they ever once make me feel stupid about the work my car needs or the questions I asked?
- What are other people saying about their experience with this shop?
You can never ask too many questions. Automotive repair work can end up being very costly and you have every right to feel comfortable about the people you are entrusting your valuable investment with. Realize that every shop is different and the right one for you will be a combination of things that only you can decide upon. Please know, that at Robert’s Collision & Repair, we go out of our way to make you feel at home and to deliver only the best in auto repair services while focusing on a positive customer experience. We’d love to answer all of your questions! You can find us at 234 Ramona Ave. in Monterey. For best service, schedule an appointment online. We hope to see you soon!