You can think of your vehicle’s paint as its skin. Just like how we have to protect our skin from harm, we have to do the same for our car’s paint. The first step in protecting your car’s paint is to recognize what you should avoid, as a car-owner. The team at Robert’s Collision & Repair has compiled a list of what you should be wary of:
- Sun: Just like our skin, the sun’s UV rays can cause severe damage to your vehicle’s paint. In the hot sun, your car’s paint actually expands, which means it can absorb more dirt and grime.
- Bird droppings: Not only do bird droppings look less than pleasant, they are also harmful to our car’s paint. In fact, they are very acidic, so they are able to easily erode paint and clear-coat finishes quite easily.
- Tree Sap: It is easy to see why sap is an enemy to our car’s paint. It is sticky, difficult to remove, and an absolute magnet for dirt. However, it is the almost invisible, mist-like tree sap that does the most damage. Unless you look very closely at your vehicle, you, most likely, won't even see this tree sap.
- Salt Air: Since we live on the beautiful coast, it is easy for our vehicles to be affected by the salt air. Salt air is known to dull our paint’s sheen and glow.
How do you protect your vehicle’s paint against these natural born enemies? Here are some easy ways to ward off these adversaries:
- Garages, parking structures, and car covers: Anything that can cover your vehicle’s paint is your friend. If it is a tree with incoming shade or a simple car cover, it will help protect and prolong the condition of your car’s paint.
- Clear coat paint: You can think of clear coat paint as a protective coating. It is applied on your car to ensure protection from natural elements and preserve shine.
- Wax: Wax is the ultimate protectant. It includes a protective and cleansing coating. Also, it cleans and prolongs your car’s shine. You think of wax as the absolute best sunscreen for your vehicle.
We can restore your vehicle to that new car finish look. We offer a variety of packages for your car, or facials, as we like to call them, for you to choose from. Robert’s Collision & Repair will use clay magic and wax to absolutely transform your vehicle’s exterior. Treat your vehicle to a trip to the spa. We are located at 234 Ramona Avenue in Monterey, California, which is just a few miles away from Seaside, Pebble Beach, Pacific Grove, Sand City, Del Rey Oaks, Carmel, and Marina. Contact us to schedule an appointment.