Auto Week is almost here. It is time to start getting your car looking fabulous for the upcoming shows on the Monterey Peninsula. It doesn’t matter if you are entering a car show or just going to watch, but you should have your car look its best. Here are a few tips and tricks to make sure your vehicle is show ready:
- Don’t forget to clean the engine compartment and undercarriage of your engine.
- After a wash, we recommend drying it with a chamois or a microfiber towel.
- Only apply tire dressing, after the tires are completely dry.
- Make sure to clean surface impurities. You can use a certain type of polish to clean your car and ultimately, restore its shine.
- Don’t forget to clean your car’s windows. Try not to use Windex, as this is not designed specifically for cars and may damage your car’s interior. You can use newspapers and hot water or cleaner developed specifically for vehicles.
- Carefully inspect your car for organization and neatness. Do you see a loose spark plug or distributor cap? Make sure everything is in its proper place.
Now, that you have some tips for getting your car ready for Auto Week, it is time you decide which events you are going to attend. Here is a schedule of the upcoming car shows on the Monterey Peninsula:
- Tuesday, August 16: Carmel Concours on the Avenue
- Wednesday, August 17: The Little Car Show and McCall’s Motorworks Revival
- Thursday, August 18: Pebble Beach Tour d'Elegance
- Friday, August 19: Legends of the Autobahn, the Motorsports Gathering at the Quail, Exotics on Cannery Row, and Pacific Grove Concours Auto Rally.
- Saturday, August 20: Concours Italiano, Concours D’ Lemons, and the Barnyard Ferrari Fest.
- Sunday: August 21: Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance
Robert’s Collision & Repair is offers detailing and washing services. We are here to get your car looking absolutely fabulous for Auto Week. We are located at 234 Ramona Avenue in Monterey, California, which is just a few miles away from Seaside, Pebble Beach, Pacific Grove, Sand City, Del Rey Oaks, Carmel, and Marina. Contact us to schedule an appointment.