Dents, Dings, Damage, & Disaster
Whether you just bought a new car or have been driving the same one for years, you want it to look its best! Unfortunately, dents, dings, and scratches are an unavoidable reality of car ownership. But don't despair!
This blog post will tell you about some of the most common causes of exterior car damage and what you can do to avoid them. Armed with this knowledge, you can keep your car looking great for years to come.
Common Causes Of Exterior Vehicle Damage
One of the most common causes of dents and dings is other drivers. Whether it's someone opening their door into your parked car or a shopping cart ramming into your bumper in a strong wind, there's not much you can do to prevent this type of damage altogether.
However, you can minimize the risk by:
- Parking in well-lit areas away from traffic
- Using covered parking whenever possible
- Avoid parallel parking between two vehicles if possible; if you must parallel park, make sure to leave plenty of space between you and the other car
Car Vs. Nature
Another common cause of cosmetic damage to cars is hail. While hail damage is mostly out of your control, there are steps you can take to minimize the risk. If you live in an area prone to severe weather, consider investing in a hail-resistant car cover.
You should also avoid parking under trees or power lines during thunderstorms. And finally, if you see hail starting to fall, pull over and wait out the storm in a safe location rather than driving through it.
Tips To Avoid Cosmetic Damage To Your Vehicle
Scratches are often caused by careless drivers who don't take the time to properly back into a parking spot:
- To avoid this type of damage, always take your time when backing into a spot, and be sure to use your mirrors and backup camera (if your vehicle is so equipped) to get a clear view of everything around you.
- It would be best to avoid parking next to taller vehicles that could block your view when backing out.
- And finally, always use caution when driving in areas with lots of construction; debris on the road can easily cause scratches if it Becomes lodged under your tires or hits your paint job.
Vehicle Damage Is Normal; No Need To Panic
Dents, dings, and scratches are inevitable realities of car ownership, but that doesn't mean you have to resign yourself to living with a damaged vehicle. By taking some simple precautions and using common sense when driving and parking, you can minimize the risk of cosmetic damage to your car.
And if worst comes to worst and your car does sustain some damage, remember that most dents, dings, and scratches can be easily repaired by a qualified collision repair center specializing in interior and exterior detailing.
If you have dents, dings, and scratches you want to fix, come to CARSTAR Robert's Collision in Monterey, CA, today! We can tell you all about how we work hand-in-hand with insurance companies to bring the best collision service we can provide! Please schedule an appointment with us today, and see what makes us so unique in the Monterey community!