Photo byMarkus Spiske on Unsplash
Though everyone’s summer plans have likely been upended due to COVID-19, that doesn’t mean that you can’t make summer fun for the kids! Many families have chosen to keep their kids home from summer camps, and some might have closed their doors for now. Whatever the situation, there’s no end to the great ideas that will keep your children busy and entertained all summer long.
1. Make Your Own Camp: This one’s a no-brainer, but there’s nothing stopping you and the kids from making your own stay-at-home summer camp! With a little planning and preparation, you can keep the kids occupied with arts and crafts projects, fun science experiments, and even cooking lessons! Head to Google and plan your curriculum as you see fit. You can even pitch a tent in the backyard or the living room to really give the kids that ‘camping’ experience.
2. Attend Virtual Day Camps: Many of the organizations that would normally host their own day or summer camps have switched to offer a virtual version of their camps. Try contacting your favorite camps and see if they have similar programs available. While it won’t be quite the same as getting to interact with other kids, the outdoors, or camp counselors, the new experience will still be a fun way to spend their time.
3. Outdoor Picnics/Hikes: Your kids may not be able to go out to their summer camps, but you can still enjoy the great outdoors wherever you are. Try an outing at your local park or a nearby hiking destination. The whole family can join in, just make sure wherever you go is open to the public beforehand. Make sure you bring your masks, hand sanitizer, and any other supplies you might need to successfully social distance.
4. Parks & Recreation Department: You’ll likely find that while local your parks and recs department isn’t fully open, they may offer virtual class options. These may run the gamut, but many parks and recs departments have set up online activities, learning opportunities, and even some day camps for kids. It never hurts to check!
5. Summertime Water Fun: For those with a pool in their backyard, you’ve probably already got this covered. Swimming in the pool is a great way for the kids to get some exercise and social distance at the same time. Otherwise, enjoying a nice relaxing day at the beach, lake, or river might be on the agenda. Just make sure social distancing is followed. And if nothing else, set up a temporary pool, slip ‘n slide, or even let the kids run around in the sprinklers. The options are endless when you get creative.
No matter how you choose to do it, there are so many ways for your kids to enjoy themselves this summer, even without summer camp. That’s why the CARSTAR Robert’s Collision and Repair team is here to assist! CARSTAR Robert's Collision & Repair in Monterey would love to be your go-to auto body shop whenever you want an excellent, honest facility to repair your vehicle. We are here for all of your auto body repairs, paint jobs, and auto detailing needs. We strive to be your one-stop auto shop and we work hard to provide you with an outstanding customer service experience! Our skilled technicians provide the best service in the region. Make your appointment today! We're located at 234 Ramona Ave, Monterey, CA. 93940. We look forward to your visit!